This weekend, North Carolina will begin to ease back restrictions and begin to allow some things to reopen. What does that mean?
- Stay At Home order remains in place, people can leave home for commercial activity *non-essential stores
- Those retailers and services will need to implement social distancing, cleaning and other protocols (*screening employees)
- Gatherings limited to no more than 10 people
- Parks can open subject to gathering limits
- Face coverings recommended in public
- Restrictions remain in place for nursing homes and other congregate living settings
- Encourage continued teleworking
- * Restaurant dining rooms remain closed, with restaurants providing drive-thru, take-out and delivery service only
I saw a story last week where a group of 40 NC restaurants wrote to Gov. Cooper asking that limited seating not be made available yet because they did not want to open until it was safe and would not be able to be profitable under a limited seating model.
As business owners, we’re going to need to find creative ways to expand our businesses and stay safe. The restaurant industry has done this really well and it’s the local owned ones in our area that seem to be doing this the best.
The general public is going to remember how we reacted here. If it’s with greed and self-preservation alone, we might as well close our doors now.